I'm doing something which I can't really afford, but doing it anyway ... I'm upgrading my Stereo ... I like music, and believe it should be played at the highest affordable quality. So after getting a new Stereo Amp (Creek Evolution 50A), I got a new Phono Amp. and then started looking for a DAC ... and after reading I do not know how many posts I decided to get an S.M.S.L M8 (from Amazon fro €249.99), not too expensive and according to what I can read very good. So I got it hooked it up to my amp, connected my Notebook (Macbook Air 11" / 2011) using USB ... sounded nice, then my Macbook Pro Retina with digital (fiber) in some way better than USB, slightly more air and openness. Then decided to use my old Apple Airport Express ( MB321LL/A - 802.11n version 1) using it's digital output (I don't like the build in DAC - it's a bit too dark for me), and this is where I started having doubts about my buy. There was drop out, all the time. Right I changed, to
I finally was able to download the 16GB STD2_1720_EU_A1_202145.zip from Skoda so that I could update my Maps with the latest update (Ya!). I then promptly clicked on it to extract it, and got an error: Unable to expand "STD2_1720_EU_A1_202145.zip" into "" (Error 70 - Inabpropiate file type or format) What the ... I then opened a command line, as maybe unzip would be able to do something with it, and it worked. # cd Downloads # unzip STD2_1720_EU_A1_202145.zip ..... # Ya! Another option is to install " The Unarchiver " from the AppStore, which will expand the file without any problems.
The other day I changed the SSD in one of my Macbooks (retina ...), and restored it from a TimeMachine backup. Everything was working, except for Eizo Colornavigator 7, which gave me an error: "Data Access Error - Failed to write data. The data my be corrupted. Uninstall ColorNavigator 7 once and reinstall it" If for the life of it couldn't figure out what was going on, even using AppCleaner (which normally does a proper cleanup) did not fix it. I removed everything else I could find which had to do with Eizo, and still problem was there. I then contacted Eizo Support, which told me to reinstall ... dooo..... But I then just for the fun of it install the latest version again, and look at what it installed, and found "/Library/Application Support/EIZO/tools/ColorNavigator 7/" which have Uninstaller Full.app” and "ColorNavigator 7 Uninstaller.app”. So the fix is: # cd "/Library/Application Support/EIZO/ColorNavigator 7/tools” # open “ColorNavigator 7 Un